Cheetahs, Leopards, tigers, oh my! There's no escape – animal prints are back in style. Made for a woman who's always on the prowl, this fierce pattern is best for conveying power, with a dash of femininity. Here are our top Do's and Don'ts for wearing animal prints.
Do's for wearing animal prints
- Do wear it loud and proud – Whether you're dawning a cheetah, leopard or tiger print, wild-life inspired patterns are ideal for revealing the real leader of the pack. Try wearing this fun motif to parties.
- Do wear it as your centerpiece – Jackets, tops, and dresses are all fierce pieces of clothing that shows you're not a scaredy-cat.
- Do wear it as an accessory – Sometimes a little can go a long way. Try pairing animal-print stockings, scarfs, shoes, or bags with your little black dress to elevate your outfit to the next level.
Don'ts for wearing animal prints
- Don't mix animals – Let's be honest, animal prints are loud (and that's ok!) – but wearing two (or more) prints at the same time can come off as attention-needy. We get it! You love animals. However, try focusing on one cat at a time.
- Don't combine bright colors – Unless you're trying to look like a Lisa Frank creation, combining bright colors and wild-life patterns isn't ideal. Instead, try incorporating neutral colors like tan, brown, black, or white. A little can go along way!
Hunter, by Lisa Frank
- Don't sport it to serious events – There's a time and place for everything; Loud prints aren't considered conservative (which is why we like it). However, you'll want to dress appropriately for times when you want to be taken seriously.
What's your favorite animal print? Leave us a comment below.
Photo credit: @falcongriffith, Sydney Style