Help! I recently purchased a pair of thigh highs from an unnamed brand (they weren’t your stockings), and keep rolling down! I’ve worn it a few times just to try it out, and they won’t stay up. I intentionally bought this pair of stockings for an event – now I’m not sure what to do. Any advice?
Thigh highs, also known as stay-ups, are made to stay up (as the name implies) on your leg! That said, there are six reasons why your stockings aren’t staying up:
- Not correctly worn – Have you pulled your thigh highs all the way up to the top of your legs? Thigh highs are designed to sit on the very top of your thigh. Your stockings won’t stay up if you are wearing thigh highs over your knee.
- Not correct size – Are you wearing the right size? Check with the manufacturer’s size chart. The band size may be too large for your leg.
- Not a silicone band – Are your stockings made with silicone (gel-like material), or does it use rubber band? Rubber bands can get stretched out, thus preventing your hosiery from staying up. With proper care, thigh highs made with silicone bands can last for years and stay up.
- Not actual thigh highs – Check the top of your stockings – does it feature either silicone or rubber bands? If not, then they are meant for garter belts and will not stay up on your leg on its own.
- Not maintained – Are you drying your thigh highs in the dryer? Dryers can destroy beautiful clothing – including your stockings, thus altering the way your hosiery stays up.
- Body lotion – Are you wearing body lotion on your leg? Body lotion is fantastic for dry skin, but not very good for keeping your hosiery in place. Skip the body lotion.
There are several possibilities for your dilemma – but honestly, it doesn’t matter. Why go through the hassle? Pamper yourself with luxury, and buy yourself a fabulous pair of stockings from VienneMilano.com – our customer service is always available to assist. Our stockings are made in Italy using the most exquisite material, including premium silicone band. Our size also ranges from small to 3XL. Get $10 off with voucher code ILOVEMYLEGS.