At VienneMilano, we believe in helping every woman look and feel fabulous – To embrace this notion, here are the top five ways to embrace body positivity:
- Be positive – Your mind plays a crucial role in healthy living. The first step to loving yourself (and your body) is to be positive, which starts from within. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror, and think positive. Post daily affirmation, and remind yourself all of the beautiful ways that make you unique and beautiful. Neither your weight nor your clothing size defines who you are. Put your scale away if you must, and earn to accept compliments.
- Focus on yourself – We get it; words can be hurtful, so why give in? The world has eight million people, and it's not realistic to censor every thought and comment you disagree. Don't give others the satisfaction of ruining your day. Stay calm, carry on, and learn the gentle art of not giving a f*ck. Along the same line, stop comparing yourself to others and focus on your goals.
- Pamper yourself – What are the things that make you happy? For many, shopping for clothing can nourish a sense of creativity, thus bringing you joy. Treat yourself to the things that will boost your confidence. Lingerie shopping is a fabulous way to start. Try on a pair of luxury hosiery and reveal your style and confidence.
- Take selfies – Selfies are a fabulous way to affirm your beauty. You are the artist behind the camera, so take all the time you need to create your masterpiece (selfie). When you're ready, share your pictures with the ones you love.
- Exercise - Body positive does not mean living a life of unhealthy habits. In fact, we highly encourage you to go for a walk, swim in the ocean, or go for a bike ride. Exercise will help you look and feel fabulous.
Photo credit: Sarah Blodgett